With the CBD phenomena in full effect, many pet owners are now turning to the hemp compound as an alternative care option to ease their animal’s ailments or anxiety. The popularity of CBD products for pets reflects the growth of CBD products for humans as the industry has boomed since the passage of the 2018 Farm Bill, making no-THC hemp federally legal. Pet owners all across America are wondering if CBD is even safe for their furry friend, but it’s up to veterinarians to educate them on how CBD works for their pet and the benefits it can have.
“I recommend all veterinarians to educate themselves on the current research being done,
especially the Cornell Veterinary Medicine Study,” said Dr. Axel Gray, WünderPet Veterinarian
Advisory Board Chairman and Owner of Coastal Veterinary Hospital. “After educating myself, I
began 10 CBD trial cases at my own practice to see how it really works. To my surprise, all of
the trial cases showed great results in relieving both orthopedic and behavioral issues in dogs
and cats. I was sold!”
Benefits Of CBD For Pets
Most commonly, CBD is used to help pets with behavioral issues, pain and inflammation, and skin and allergies. The Cannabinoid receptors throughout the skin allow CBD to easily enter your pet’s body to ease discomfort. However, CBD has also been proven through anecdotal evidence to help calm your pet, provide relief, and increase mobility. Dr. Gray lists 5 benefits he has seen on his patients after using WünderPet CBD:
- Helps in reducing anxiety and fears– separation anxiety, fear of fireworks, and fear of thunder are all phobias that can be eased with the correct dosage of CBD.
- Supporting relief from arthritis and joint pain– most of our pets tend to develop mobility issues as they age. CBD’s anti-inflammatory properties are perfect for reducing joint pain, swelling, and inflammation.
- Helps with aggressive behavior –CBD helps with aggressive behavior by helping your pet stay calm and not triggered by certain situations.
- Supports animals battling cancer and epilepsy-CBD increases appetite and helps with the pain and inflammation that often accompany cancer. CBD has also been very effective in helping to lessen seizures and their severity.
- Helps with dermatitis- pets with skin conditions, such as atopic dermatitis, lick granulomas, and flea allergy dermatitis can find relief. It also helps with pain associated with hot spots and open wounds.
What Is CBD?
Wünderpet CBD is derived from the hemp plant, therefore there’s no psychoactive properties. You don’t have to worry about your companion pet feeling listless or having that high feeling. There are a lot of CBD products on the market, so you want to make sure you buy a good, ethical product. The company should have guaranteed testing to certify there are no THC, heavy metals, or pesticides in their product. WünderPet is one of the few pet brands that provides scannable QR codes on each product that allows the consumer to see independent testing for purity and analysis of our CBD oil for each lot number.
All of our products carry the coveted CBD Seal of Distinction, awarded by the independent CBD Manufacturer’s Association to the top companies adhering to the strictest quality and production standards in the industry (less than 1% of CBD brands qualify). WünderPet is also the only pet CBD brand able to claim the distinction of the Seal of Veterinarian Recommended by the USPTO.
What Sets Wünderpet Above The Rest?
WünderPet is one of the few CBD brands using nontoxic, cold CO2 processing for its premium industrial grade no-THC hemp CBD. Other large CBD companies use much lower cost alternatives in their processing methods that could pose a risk to people and pets, including butane, propane, ethanol, and isopropyl. Our products are guaranteed 100% natural, non-GMO, PBA-free, no VOC’s, heavy metals, pesticides, herbicides, foreign matter, bacteria, or fungus. All our products are 99+% pure. To learn more about our products, click here.
Do you have any questions for a veterinarian about CBD for pets? E-mail our WünderPet Veterinarian Advisory Board Chairman and fellow PSIvet member Dr. Axel Gray at email@example.com.